Each year we run a modelling competition, to encourage members to get out in the shed/garage/loft/spare bedroom and actually build something.
The 2011 competition was to build a set of rolling stock with five or more axles. It was won by Derek Pratt with a weathered version of the Andel Models kit of four coal hutches on a carrier wagon, in 16mm scale.
This year's rules are given below. The winner will be chosen by an unsuspecting trader at the exhibition in September:
Subject: Wagons and wagon loads
1) The entry should be either
a) at least three proprietary wagons, each with a different load,
b) at least one scratchbuilt or kit-built wagon with load(s).
2) Entries can be in any scale or gauge.
3) All loads must be scratchbuilt.
4) The wagons should be displayed on a short length of track.
5) The entry should include a short description, to include:
- the modeller's name,
- the wagon type(s),
- the load represented, and
- the method of construction.
The three previous competitions were all won by Frank Parkinson:
Animated model in any scale - Overshot water wheel in 00
A model of Monsal Dale station in any scale - 00 model
2ft x 1ft Modular board layout - Canal with horse-drawn narrow-boat
CLICK HERE TO RETURN TO THE HOME PAGE